Deep Oil and Gas Exploration
Logistics and Construction Equipment
LADOL has logistics equipment already certified and in use. This includes:
- Flatbed trailer(s)
- Flat barges
- Fuel barges
- Work barges
- Ferries and speed boats
- Earth moving equipment
Berthing and Vessel Handling
LADOL is registered as an ISPS-certified port facility with IMO, and receives local and international vessels. Featuring a 200m quay, 8.5m draft, 25-ton/m2 high load bearing area and additional 30-ton bollards at either end, LADOL’s quay can accommodate up to six supply vessels and three Heavy Lift Vessels simultaneously.
The berthing crew works 24 hours a day and, since products are piped directly through ducts in the quay, vessel turnaround time can be less than 8 hours.
Due to market demand the quay is being extended by an additional 450m in 2012/13.
LADOL subcontractors work on- and offshore to provide equipment and personnel certification.
Large Fabrication Works
The Free Zone currently has several hectares of developed and serviced land that is ideal for large fabrication, from pipe coating to jacket and FPSO topside manufacture/assembly.
Water and Fuel
Water is piped directly to the quay and the base has an extensive water treatment plant with over 1,000,000 liters of storage and two boreholes. Fuel is provided by LADOL fuel barges and through bulk fuel facilities that are currently under construction.
LADOL has a range of facilities including office buildings and complexes in a secured area, operational offices built above warehouses, workshops next to the quay, and new Portacabins. All offices come fully furnished and serviced, including high-speed Internet and catering provision.
General infrastructure and Security
LADOL Free Zone has round-the clock power, water, Internet access, and all the other conveniences of modern life. The Base uses the latest infrastructure, IT and personnel security solutions. All the operational and personnel areas are fenced and can only be accessed through secure access control offices. Armed and unarmed guards patrol the area 24hours a day and IT solutions are deployed throughout, including CCTV.
Secure, Modern Closed and Open Fabrication/Storage Areas
All our storage areas are built to international standards and suitable for both storage and small fabrication works. These areas can also be extensively customized for project work and specialized storage, such as overhead cranes, racking, bund walls and epoxy floors, etc.
Rigging and Ship Repair
After undertaking the largest Rig Repair and Maintenance project ever completed in Nigeria, LADOL is able to provide clients with a turnkey rig and vessel repair service that includes:
- Project planning and supervision
- Steel replacement on a per-ton basis (including the provision of LADOL-certified welders, fitters, etc., as well as the related equipment)
- Blasting and painting services
- NDT Testing and International Certification
- Scaffolding services
- Marine valve services and installation minimal transport costs
- Staffing provision of personnel from the level of International Project Managers, certified welders and general labor
- Procurement service for certified rolled steel and welding consumables
- General workshop services
- Round-the-clock personnel support, accommodation and catering for local and international staff
- Long-term storage and inventory management, ensuring optimal efficiency and minimal waste
Sea Fastening and Welding
Fully equipped, certified welding crews are provided as part of LADOL’s logistics services. These crews work around the clock to ensure that projects are completed on schedule.
Bulk and Mud Services
LADOL has prepared extensive laydown areas suitable for the construction of bulk and mud plants.
Personnel Transport into LADOL Free Zone
LADOL operates scheduled passenger transport for Free Zone staff and workers. This ferry service runs on a set timetable, several times a day, from secure locations on the mainland. The modern and comfortable passenger boats are exclusively for LADOL staff and workers to go to and from the Zone.
A modern, secure and comfortable 100-room hotel with recreational facilities is located within walking distance of the operational area.
Health, Safety and Environment
LADOL operates an Integrated Management System (IMS) that includes a quality, health, safety and environmental management system. Our HSE Policy focuses on delivering a superior service to our customers that exceeds their expectations, including:
- HSEQ performance that will prevent damage or impairment to the environment
- Conservation of natural resources
- Elimination and/or minimization of health and safety risks
- An ill health and injuries prevention program at the work place
- Compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007