Field Ready and Ladol Upskilling Academy to host virtual meetings of the Field Ready Nigeria Alliance
On 2 June 2021, Field Ready and Ladol Upskilling Academy will host the Field Ready Nigeria Alliance virtual meeting.
The theme of the meeting is “Building a Workforce that Thrives”.
Keynote addresses on behalf of the Government of Nigeria will include:
- Boss Mustapha, Secretary to the Government of the Federation
- Simbi Kesiye Wabote, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board (NCDMB),
- Ajuri Ngelale, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Public Affairs (OVP), Nigerian Presidency
The meeting will incorporate a panel discussion with the focus “Building a flexible workforce that thrives despite uncertainty”. This discussion will include perspectives from companies representing some of the major industrial players and education institutions in Nigeria. Field Ready’s founder, Phil Andrews, will facilitate the session and will seek perspectives on building a quality entry level workforce and the role of industry in supporting our young women and men to secure decent work in the labour market. The panel includes:
- Wale Adediran, HR Director, Flour Mills Nigeria (FMN) and President and Chairman of Governing Council, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM)
- Jide Jadesimi, Executive Director, LADOL
- Obafemi Omokungbe, Rector, Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech)
- Peju Adebajo, Industry Expert
- Olumide Adediji, Human Resources Manager, Fan Milk/Danone Nigeria
The meeting is by invitation only, it will be hosted on Zoom from 10:00-12:00 on Wednesday 2nd June 2021. To request a copy of the agenda and to register to attend, please make your request by emailing email@example.com.
Elefedo Idachaba, Director of Field Ready Nigeria, said: “Ahead of the first Field Ready programme to launch at Yaba Tech later this year, we are delighted to be hosting this important meeting for Nigeria, focused on building a workforce that is fit for industry despite the past year’s uncertainties, by bringing leading government and industry representatives together”.
Jide Jadesimi, Executive Director Business Development said: “Nigerian Industry has enormous growth potential. The Construction sector is expected to grow by more than 9% per year from 2022 to 2031, almost tripling in value from $3.3 billion to over $9 billion.
But a lack of skilled workers – from carpenters and painters to electricians – is limiting the industry’s potential. Improperly trained workers slow down projects, increase risks and costs. Today, Nigeria imports workers to take on jobs that Nigerians will be doing tomorrow: with the right training and skills”.
About Field Ready
Field Ready operates an Alliance of companies and government collectively to bridge the gap between young Nigerians leaving education and starting employment. The Field Ready employability programme prepares women and men with the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to thrive in decent jobs with great companies. The first pilot programme will run at Yaba College of Technology in 2021.
The LADOL Group has been in business for over 15 years as the first indigenous African world class integrated shore base, operating in the West African sub-region. USD500 million has been invested into the LADOL Free Zone, transforming it into the only fully integrated Logistics Base and the Mega fabrication yard in West Africa. We are well respected in the petroleum industry for excellent logistics and service delivery. Our clients include international oil companies such as TOTAL, Shell, Chevron, Equinor, Nigerian oil companies, as well as offshore contractors including Technip FMC and Schlumberger.
We are very excited and honoured to be the first Alliance partner of Field Ready in Nigeria and look forward to raising the bar even higher for upskilling and employability training in Nigeria. Human Capital development is as vital for LADOL as infrastructure development, which is why we are building an Upskilling Academy. The first school in the Academy, is called SANTA and will be training 500 apprentices annually in phase one. SANTA will focus on oil and gas and non-oil and gas Technical Vocational Educational Training. In Phase 2 we will expand and open additional schools in the Academy to cover a range of courses including maritime certifications from OPITO to STCW standards.
May 24th, 2021
Dr Amy Jadesimi speaks to the BBC about the real changes needed for local and international investors to benefit from the largest global growth marketsLAGOS July 03, 2023: Dr Amy Jadesimi, a prominent business leader and CEO of Nigerian Sustainable Industrial Special Economic Zone, LADOL, shared her insights with the BBC on the key changes required for local and international investors to fully capitalise on the immense growth opportunities presented by the largest global …
- LAGOS August 19, 2022: The stakeholders of LADOL Free Zone were in high spirits last week after the company once again passed its ISO 9001 audit with flying colours. Having 5 years of ISO 9001 compliance makes LADOL one of the most compliant terminals in Nigeria and one of …
Samsung Heavy Industries (Nigeria) – SHIN and LADOL Integrated Logistics Free Zone Enterprise – LADOL reach definitive settlement and Reaffirm their Partnership7th February 2022 After over three (3) years of dispute, Samsung Heavy Industries (SHIN) Nigeria Limited and LADOL Integrated Logistics Free Zone Enterprise (LADOL) have executed a settlement that resolves the historic and outstanding issues currently before the Nigerian and international courts to bring the two sides back together …
- LAGOS January 14, 2022: LADOL Free Zone, LADOL has once again renewed and retained its International Organization for Standardization, ISO 45001:2018+14001:2015 certifications. The certifications are part of the company’s efforts to continuously improve its management System of Occupational Health and Safety, OH&S and Environment Management System, EMS to meet …
LADOL MD Joins UNCTAD and GIZ to Launch “Handbook on Special Economic Zones in Africa: Towards Economic Diversification across the Continent”21st October 2021: Dr. Amy Jadesimi, Managing Director of LADOL Free Zone, joined a high-level panel convened by UNCTAD (The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) and GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH), under the auspices of the World Investment Forum 2020, Investing in Sustainable Development, to …
LADOL Makes Nigeria the Heavy Lift Hub of West Africa – Sets Another Record Performing 320-ton Heavy Lift with Quayside MTC CraneSeptember 19, 2021: LADOL Free Zone has set another ground-breaking record on Tuesday, September 07, 2021, as LADOL and Mammoet performed the first heavy-lift project in West Africa using the MTC 15 shore crane – the largest of its kind in the world. The heavy-lift project involved the offloading and …
- In this the third episode, we look at the energy transition that is happening across Africa. Stanley Nyoni, Sustainability and Leadership Advisor who is based in Sweden and Dr Amy Jadesimi, Managing Director of LADOL Free Zone in Lagos, Nigeria one of the leading young energy voices of Africa shared …
- The inaugural virtual edition of GTR West Africa 2021 took place on March 24- 25, welcoming record participation of trade specialists from across the African continent, Europe, Asia and the Americas. Dr. Amy Jadesimi discussed on: Market volatility and decarbonisation: Navigating financial headwinds for the oil sector. See details here
- The Managing Director of LADOL Free Zone, Dr. Amy Jadesimi, has stated that Lagos State can take a share of a new USD 12 trillion market by creating a level playing field that enables private sector companies to compete and grow sustainable businesses. Almost all the new jobs the world …
LADOL Joins Over 300 Companies and Organisations to Sign ‘The Neptune Declaration on Seafarer Wellbeing and Crew Change’Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics Base, LADOL has joined Global industry and human rights leaders, including A.P. Moller – Maersk, BP, BW, Cargill, COSCO, DOW, Euronav, MISC Group, NYK, Rio Tinto, Shell, Trafigura, Unilever and Vale, sign the Neptune Declaration on Seafarer Wellbeing and Crew Change in a worldwide call to …