LADOL MD, Dr. Amy Jadesimi, Joins B Team Africa
MD LADOL, Dr. Amy Jadesimi was selected to join the newly formed B Team Africa in January this year. The LADOL MD joined the CEO of Unilever Mr. Paul Polman at a press conference to announce the B Team Africa’s Agenda held at the Africa CEO Forum in Abidjan, Ivory Coast on 26th March 2018.
Speaking at the press conference, after Mr. Polman, Dr. Jadesimi discussed her vision for sustainable infrastructure development in West Africa and her goals in working alongside The B Team Africa leadership members (Bob Collymore, CEO of Safaricom, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Chair of GAVI, Dr. Mo Ibrahim, Founder and Chair of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Jochen Zeitz, Co-Founder & Executive Chair of The B Team and Former CEO of PUMA, Jesse Moore, CEO and Co-Founder of M-KOPA Solar, Rita Kavashe, Managing Director of Isuzu East Africa and Joshua Oigara, Group CEO & Managing Director of KCB Group) and the B Team Global Leaders to drive positive change in Nigeria and the continent.
As Dr. Jadesimi said, “I’m honoured and excited to the part of the B Team Africa, working alongside a team of passionate business leaders to support and drive sustainable business models and new opportunities for job creation and investment in Africa. For the world to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, Africa will have to become an engine of growth and prosperity. Fortunately, as Africans we have the human capital and resources to do this ourselves and working with Jesse, Rita and Joshua on the B Team we can actively help create an environment where real private sector companies, large and small can build new economy businesses generating millions of jobs across the Continent”.
The B Team Africa is a Pan-African platform to enable committed business and civil society leaders to work collectively in driving progress and addressing critical issues across the continent. The B Team Africa leaders are united in influencing and convening the private and public sector to drive long-term, inclusive, sustainable economic growth and social development for a prosperous Africa.
To achieve these goals, leaders are committed to work together and through current B Team initiatives. The B Team Africa’s ambitious work agenda includes, but is not limited to, open contracting, supply chain transparency, responsible tax practice, renewable and clean energy, environmental preservation, unlocking capital for value-add, green businesses and social enterprises, job creation, civic rights, gender equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
International non-profit organisation The B Team, co-founded by Richard Branson and Jochen Zeitz in 2012, established The B Team Africa in 2017 and continues to recruit Africa-based leaders to accelerate the shift toward a just and sustainable future for the continent and the world. The B Team’s mission and impact to date reflect the tremendous power of the private sector to catalyse new business opportunities and solutions to diverse global challenges.
The B Team Africa is one of a growing number of regional B Teams established to galvanize regional based leaders to harness business-driven solutions and create collective impact. In this spirit, The B Team Africa calls upon other leaders in Africa and partners to join them to:
- Use their collective voice and influence to amplify key issues and drive progress on timely, critical issues
- Lead by example in their own companies, and engage in B Team initiatives in Africa
- Collaborate with others to develop and scale systemic solutions that benefit current and future generations
The B Team is a not-for-profit initiative formed by a global group of business leaders to catalyse a better way of doing business for the wellbeing of people and the planet.
Founded in the belief that the private sector can, and must, redefine both its responsibilities and its own terms of success, The B Team is developing a new, sustainable model for business centered on concerted, positive action that will ensure business becomes a driving force for social, environmental and economic benefit.
The B Team was co-founded by Sir Richard Branson and Jochen Zeitz, and includes Leaders Oliver Bate, Marc Benioff, Sharan Burrow, Kathy Calvin, Bob Collymore, David Crane, Christiana Figueres, Mats Granryd, Arianna Huffington, Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, Dr. Mo Ibrahim, Yolanda Kakabadse, Guilherme Leal, Andrew Liveris, Arif Naqvi, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Francois-Henri Pinault, Paul Polman, Mary Robinson, Ratan Tata, Zhang Yue and Professor Muhammad Yunus
The B Team Africa includes
- Bob Collymore, The B Team Leader; CEO, Safaricom
- Dr. Mo Ibrahim, The B Team Leader; Founder and Chair, Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, The B Team Leader; Chair, GAVI; Senior Advisor, Lazard
- Jochen Zeitz, The B Team Co-Founder and Executive Chair; Founder, The Zeitz Foundation for Intercultural Ecosphere Safety
- Dr. Amy Jadesimi, The B Team Africa Member; CEO of Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics Base (LADOL)
- Rita Kavashe, The B Team Africa Member; Managing Director, Isuzu East Africa
- Jesse Moore, The B Team Africa Member; CEO and Co-Founder, M-KOPA
- Joshua Oigara, The B Team Africa Member; Group CEO and Managing Director, KCB Group
Mar 29th, 2018
- Africa Legal in a recent interview with Olabimpe Alabi, LADOL’s Head of Legal gives insights on how legal matters are handled internally at LADOL. Find out more details on the interview click here
- LADOL’s MD, Dr Amy Jadesimi recently had a chat with The U.S. Green Chamber of Commerce in their new Global Sustainability Leaders Q&A series. Read more on how LADOL is developing sustainability within Africa via this Article Article:US Green Chamber Facebook:Global Sustainability Leaders Series LinkedIn:Global Sustainability Leaders Series
- Friday May 24th, 2019: LAGOS: Nigeria’s first and only 100% private and indigenous industrial Free Zone, LADOL has commenced its annual safety week. This is the first time the company has held this event to highlight the company’s safety best practices, share learnings with stakeholders and new targets for safety …
- Mr Jide Jadesimi ( 1st Left) during the Panel Discussion on ‘Stimulating an oil and gas-based industrialization in Nigeria’ ‘We need a pipeline of projects to ensure sustainable oil and gas driven Industrial development in Nigeria. Innovative development models will bring down costs thereby making Nigeria competitive again, the target …
- MD LADOL, Dr. Amy Jadesimi, answers top 10 questions asked on ‘Building an entire ecosystem and staying inspired’. Full interview here
- ‘Industrialization is a key way in which Nigeria can grow its economy, and one company is targeting businesses with deep-sea operations’. Click Here for the full video interview during BBC’s visit to Ladol Base.
- Dr. Amy Jadesimi spoke at the: Global Female Leaders Summit 2019 – an Economic Forum for Female Executives in Berlin. As part of the opening high level panel Dr. Jadesimi put forward the case for sustainable globalization and exchange based trade, versus expropriation based trade that has dominated the world’s …
- Press Release Managing Director of LADOL, Dr. Amy Jadesimi, is one of the distinguished global leaders recently invited to join the inaugural Advisory Group for United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfill …
- Olabimpe Alabi, LADOL’s Head, Legal & Company Secretary; Isoken Pamela Uwagboe, LADOL’s FZMC Administrative Senior Superintendent; and Mr. Emaka Okwu LADOL’s FZMC Operational Manager briefing Kenji Omi, and Etim Okon Ibok of WCO during their visit to LADOL Mr. Emeka Okwu briefing representative of WCO, KenJi Omi and Etim Okon …
- Shell held it safety day with LADOL on March 27, 2019. This is part of Shell initiative to share their safety culture and awareness with their service provider. Arrival of SNEPCO’s MD, Bayo Ojulari to LADOL’s Free Zone. Registration of SNECPCO’s staff on arrival to LADOL Free Zone SNEPCO’s MD …